Bowsher Motorsports “Strait” Up For Salem SpeedwayPress Release
“We’re pretty excited about it,” Todd Bowsher said. “It’s reuniting him with the same team and crew members he had when he drove for us in the late 90’s; the pairing was a strong force and we feel we can reclaim that magic.”
Throw into the mix horse power provided by Joe Rhyne of Rhyne Competition Engines and the program is complete.
Strait, has had some of his greatest success at Salem Speedway in the ARCA Racing Series, where he owns two victories and four poles to his credit along with a pole and a win in the ASA Series. The ARCA Racing Series has also produced wins at Atlanta, Talladega and Winchester for Strait who was at the wheel for Bowsher Motorsports lead by Jack Bowsher, for the Winchestervictory.
Bowsher Motorsports, no stranger to success has to its credit numerous victories and championships
Rhyne Competition Engines has also seen its share of success in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards and has several victories and championships on their resume as well, being lead by Joe Rhyne.
“It’s just the way it worked out — I don’t know a better way to say it,” said Strait, “If I’m going to come back this is the place to go. Todd, Julie and the entire Bowsher organization, Joe Rhyne and myself have always had a good relationship and I’m just really excited to get to Salem, I think we’ll be good, I was at the shop last week and the car looks great everything fits and I’m ready to rock & roll.”
“I think I know what he’s looking for in the car and we’re all already comfortable with each other and communicate well so it feels great to be going back to Salem with Bob driving our race car,” Bowsher said. “We had some great runs there, and looking forward to it again.”
The Kentuckiana Ford Dealers Fall classic by Federated Car Care at Salem Speedway kicks off Saturday September 15 with the first practice from 12:30pm – 1:15pm followed by final practice from 1:45pm – 2:30pm and Menard’s Pole Qualifying at 4:00pm the green flag will fly at 7:15pm preceded by an autograph session from 4:45pm – 5:15pm. Check out live timing and scoring at arcaracing.com and be sure to follow @JDBowsher on twitter for live updates on Bowsher Motorsports and Bob Strait throughout the event.
About Bowsher Motorsports:
- Began competition in 1949 and began in the ARCA Racing Series in 1953, the same year ARCA incorporated and sanctioned its first race.
- Jack Bowsher was the first ever ARCA Champion in 1964.
- 3 Driver/Owner ARCA Championships in 1963, 1964 & 1965 – 3 Additional ARCA Car Owner Championships 1992, 1994 & 1995
- The only team to finish in the Top 5 in ARCA Racing Series Car Owner Points every year in the 1990’s
- 80 Car Owner victories (#1 in ARCA competition) and 48 as a driver (Jack Bowsher)
- The team has built and prepared race cars for some of the most notable names in the sport, AJ Foyt, Benny Parsons, Mario Andretti and Bobby & Al Unser
- One of Ford Motor Company’s factory supported teams throughout the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s
Source: Bowsher Motorsports Press Release
Article Tags: ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards, Salem (Ind.) Speedway