Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Snap-on Dodge Challenger R/T Darlington Raceway PreviewPress Release
No. 22 Snap-on Dodge Challenger
VFW Sport Clips Help a Hero 200
Friday, May 11, 2012
TV: ESPN2 at 6:30 PM ET Radio: MRN/Sirius 90
Brad Keselowski at Darlington Raceway – Nationwide Series
No. 22 Snap-on Dodge Challenger News and Notes
· This Week’s Challenger…Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Snap-on Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-225 during Friday night’s VFW Sport Clips Help a Hero 200 at Darlington Raceway. Keselowski drove this chassis to a 23rd-place finish at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in March.
· The No. 22 Snap-on Dodge Challenger in 2012… Following eight points-paying events, Keselowski and the No. 22 Snap-on Dodge team sit ninth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a 16th-place finish last weekend at Talladega Superspeedway.
· Keselowski Climbing the Charts… By taking the checkered flag in the 2011 season-finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Keselowski claimed sole possession of 15th place on the NNS all-time wins list with 17 victories. Keselowski is now three wins away from tying Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time list.
· Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 105 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated nine wins, 47 top-five finishes, 66 top-10 results and six pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 1,714 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
· 30 Years Strong… In celebration of their 30-year partnership, Snap-on will be the primary sponsor of the No. 22 Penske Racing Nationwide Series entry for four races this season, beginning this weekend at Darlington.
· Family Tradition… Brad is not the first Keselowski to compete at Darlington Raceway in NASCAR competition. His uncle, Ron, started 34th and finished 40th in the 1972 Southern 500 after experiencing engine issues.
· Pick 22 To Win… Discount Tire, America’s largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.Brad Keselowski’s thoughts on this weekend’s race
“I’ve never really had the success, or luck for that matter, in the Nationwide Series at Darlington like I have in the Cup Series. I’ve had some very fast cars, but we’ve never been able to get good finishes. A good finish is what we need this weekend. We’ve only had one race this year where we didn’t have a car that, I felt, could compete for the win. Yet here we are without a victory. We aren’t panicking, but at the same time we know what kind of a team we have on the Snap-on Dodge. This year is starting off eerily similar to last season when we didn’t get a win until Kentucky. I’d rather get this season going earlier, as in this weekend. It would mean a lot to me if I could go to Victory Lane at Darlington, a place where names like Petty, Yarborough, Pearson and Earnhardt have won.”
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on this weekend’s race at Darlington Raceway
“Darlington is one of our historic tracks. It’s kind of like going to a night game at Fenway Park or Lambeau Field. Everybody who is anybody has raced and won on that layout. So going there gives you a cool, old-school feel. The track is fast, it’s narrow and the racing is about as intense as you will find on the circuit. It’s the kind of track that should lend itself to Brad’s talents and hard-driving style. Everyone looks forward to competing there. Hopefully we can get this No. 22 team back to it’s old winning ways this weekend.”
- Penske Racing Press Release
Article Tags: Brad Keselowski, Darlington (S.C.) Raceway, HMS, Homestead-Miami (Fla.) Speedway, Jeremy Bullins, Las Vegas (Nev.) Motor Speedway, LVMS, NASCAR Nationwide Series, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NNS, NSCS, Penske Racing, Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway, VFW Sport Clips Help a Hero 200