Brian Scott, 2012 NNS HISTORY 300 Pre-Race Notes & QuotesPress Release
Brian Scott / No. 11 Dollar General Toyota Preview
History 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway
No. 11 Dollar General Toyota News and Notes:
- · SCOTT SUPPORTS CHARLOTTE MUSCLE TEAM: Brian Scott gave back to the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) this week as he participated in the Charlotte Muscle Team’s annual event at the Panther’s Den in Bank of America Stadium. Scott and other celebrity participants were paired with an MDA buddy, a local child living with a neuromuscular disease, to experience all the fun activities and interactive entertainment the event had to offer. For more information, visit www.charlottemuscleteam.com.
- · NORTH CAROLINA NATIVES: Several members of the No. 11 Dollar General team were born and raised in the state of North Carolina.
- · Heath Cherry, rear-tire carrier on the No. 11 team grew up in Belmont, N.C. Before his career in motorsports began, he was a three-year starter as linebacker for Lenoir-Rhyne College in Hickory, N.C. In addition to his duties on the No. 11 pit crew, Cherry is the business development manager in Joe Gibbs Racing’s sponsor services department. He resides in Davidson, N.C. with his wife Jodie and their two boys Stone and Slade.
- · Brandon Pegram is a native of Statesville, N.C. He now lives in Mooresville, N.C. with his wife Natalie and their daughter Cadence. Pegram is the front tire carrier on the No. 11 Dollar General Toyota. In his time away from racing, he enjoys playing golf and mountain biking.
- · Mike Hicks, rear tire changer on the No. 11 Dollar General team hails from nearby China Grove, N.C. Hicks, Cherry and Pegram are also pit crew members on Joe Gibbs Racing’s No. 11 Sprint Cup Series entry and were all three a part of the 2010 and 2011 winning Sprint Pit Crew Challenge team.
- · Car chief Colan Ingle is a native of Burlington, N.C. He and his wife Debra now reside in China Grove, N.C. Ingle grew up racing at Ace Speedway in Elon, N.C. before his career in racing took flight. He has been a car chief for 11 years and is in his second year as car chief of the No. 11 Dollar General Toyota.
- · HONORING OUR EVERY DAY HEROES: Throughout 2012, Dollar General, along with its vendor partners, will celebrate and recognize its customers through the Honoring Our Every Day Heroes program. During the month of May, the theme is celebrating Moms who do extraordinary things every day for their families and communities. To learn more about the Honoring Our Every Day Heroes program, visit www.dollargeneral.com/
- · JOE GIBBS RACING AT CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing’s Nationwide Series operation has 51 starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The three car team has tallied four wins, 18 top-five finishes, 26 top-10 finishes and led 718 laps at the 1.5 mile North Carolina oval. Scott’s best finish at Charlotte Motor Speedway was fifth in last year’s October event at the Concord, N.C. track.
- · THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 11 DOLLAR GENERAL TOYOTA: Dollar General vendor partners Eveready, Windex, Sun, Stacker2, Tidy Cats, Oreo, Purex, Nestle Drumstick and Glad will be highlighted on Joe Gibbs Racing’s No. 11 Toyota Camry this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- · RACE INFO: The History 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway kicks off at 2:45 p.m. ET on Saturday, May 26. Watch and listen live on ABC, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio starting at 2:30 p.m. ET.
Article Tags: 2012 HISTORY 300, 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series, 2012 NNS, Brian Scott, Charlotte Motor Speedway, Charlotte NC, CMS, Concord (NC), HISTORY 300, JGR, Joe Gibbs Racing, NASCAR, NASCAR Nationwide Series, NNS, No. 11 Dollar General Toyota Camry, TOYOTA, TOYOTA Camry, Toyota Motorsports, Toyota Racing