Brian Scott, No. 11 Dollar General Toyota Camry New Hampshire Motor Speedway PreviewPress Release
F.W. Webb 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway
No. 11 Dollar General Toyota News and Notes:
· HOW IT ALL GOT STARTED:Driving a family-owned Xpress Motorsports truck, Brian Scott’s first Camping World Truck Series start and first start in a NASCAR-sanctioned series came at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in September 2007. The 24-year-old driver has three truck series starts and two Nationwide Series starts on the 1.058 mile track often referred to as the Magic Mile.
· NEW ENGLAND NATIVES HEAD HOME: Three members of Joe Gibbs Racing’s No. 11 Dollar General team are natives of New England.
· Darrell Terry, who works on plate set-up in Joe Gibbs Racing’s Nationwide Series shop, hails from Durham, N.H. Terry’s home track is Lee USA Speedway in Lee, N.H., and he built his first race car at the age of 15. Currently a Boy Scouts of America leader, Terry was in the United States Air Force from 1970 to 1974. The father of three now resides in Kannapolis, N.C. and spends his spare time fishing, hunting, camping and drag racing.
· Derek Kneeland, spotter for driver Brian Scott, grew up in Windham, Maine. Kneeland’s involvement in racing began when he climbed behind the wheel of a go-kart at the age of eight. He’s been a spotter since he was 18-years-old and spotted his first NASCAR race in 2007 at Nashville Superspeedway. Kneeland recently bought his first home in Mooresville, N.C. after being roommates with Scott for three years. When his busy schedule permits, Kneeland travels to his home state to drive a late model in select events at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway and Oxford Plains Speedway.
· Rear-end and underneath mechanic on the No. 11 Toyota Camry, Ben Chase is a native of York Harbor, Maine. He currently resides in Catawba, N.C and has two St. Bernard’s, Penny and Phoenix. Chase began his career in motorsports at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway in Scarborough, Maine. In his spare time, he enjoys mountain biking, hiking, snowboarding, swimming, cooking and working around the house.
· JOE GIBBS RACING AT THE MAGIC MILE: Joe Gibbs Racing’s Nationwide Series program has four wins, 12 top-five finishes and 15 top-10 finishes in 24 starts at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. In the last four Nationwide Series events at the Magic Mile, Joe Gibbs Racing has celebrated a win in Victory Lane – with Tony Stewart in 2008 and Kyle Busch in 2009, 2010 and 2011. JGR Nationwide Series entries have led 532 laps at New Hampshire Motor Speedway and completed 92.6 percent (4,462 of 4,820) of laps contested in their 24 starts there.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 11 DOLLAR GENERAL TOYOTA: Dollar General vendor partners Glad, Nestle Drumstick, Scott Products, Slim Jim, Colgate, STP, Ritz, Lysol, Today and Always, Ragu and Gildan will be featured on Joe Gibbs Racing’s No. 11 Toyota Camry this weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway.
· RACE INFO: The F.W. Webb 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway kicks off at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, July 14. Watch and listen live on ESPN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio starting at 2:30 p.m. ET.
From the Cockpit:
Brian Scott: “I really like racing at Loudon – it’s where I got my first NASCAR start and it’s one of my favorite short tracks that we visit. It’s different than any of the other tracks we visit in that it’s flat and has long corners. We had a top-five/top-10 run going there last year and then we got into it with another car during a green, white, checkered finish. So we weren’t able to show how good we were by our finish. I know we will run well there and have a really competitive Dollar General Camry this weekend.”
About Dollar General:
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 70 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, house wares and seasonal items at low everyday prices in convenient neighborhood locations.
Dollar General is committed to the communities it serves and is proud to support initiatives that help others improve their lives through literacy and education. The Dollar General Literacy Foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations that help individuals learn to read, prepare for their GED or learn to speak English.
Find the Dollar General store nearest you or learn more about the company at www.dollargeneral.com or on Dollar General’s Facebook page.
DG at the Track:
Dollar General has more retail locations than any retailer in America, with 10,000 stores in 39 states. There are two Dollar General locations in the Loudon, N.H. area.
Dollar General #13313
73 E Hollis St.
Nashua, NH 03060
Dollar General #12793
2757 US Route 5
Windsor, VT 05089
- Joe Gibbs Racing Press Release
Article Tags: Brian Scott, F.W. Webb 200, JGR, Joe Gibbs Racing, Kevin Kidd, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series, Nashville (Tenn.) Superspeedway, NCWTS, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, NHMS, NNS, No. 11 Dollar General Toyota Camry