Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T Indianapolis Motor Speedway PreviewPress Release
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Saturday, July 28, 2012
TV: ESPN at 4:00 PM ET Radio: IMS Radio/Sirius 90
No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger News and Notes
· This Week’s Challenger… Brad Keselowski and the Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team will use chassis PRS-230 during Saturday’s Indy 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway (IMS). This is a brand-new chassis to the No. 22 fleet.
· The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger in 2012… Following 17 points-paying events, the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team sits seventh in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) owner point standings following a seventh-place finish at Chicagoland Speedway last weekend with driver Parker Kligerman.
· Keselowski Climbing the Charts… By taking the checkered flag in the F.W. Webb 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway two weeks ago, Keselowski remains in 15th place on the NNS all-time wins list with 19 victories. Keselowski is now one win away from tying Greg Biffle for 14th place on the all-time list.
· Final ORP Winner… Keselowski will forever be in the NNS history books as the last winner on the venerable surface at O’Reilly Raceway Park (ORP) as the series moves to the much larger Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the first time this weekend.
· Keselowski Speedway Stats… In 124 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated 13 wins, 55 top-five finishes, 77 top-10 results and nine pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 2,196 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
· #PenskePride…Penske Racing is asking fans to show their Penske Pride through a unique social media contest that will last for the balance of the 2012 season. Through the #PenskePride contest, each race weekend fans will Tweet @PenskeRacing pictures showing their support of the Penske Racing organization, their favorite Penske Racing driver(s) or teams in unique and creative ways, using the hashtag #PenskePride. The best weekly photo will be named Fan Photo of the Week. At the end of each month, a Fan Photo of the Month will be selected from the weekly winners. The best monthly photos will be voted on by @PenskeRacing followers to be named Fan Photo of the Year. The winner of Photo of the Year will receive the Ultimate Penske Racing Fan Experience including tickets and hot passes to the 2013 NASCAR All-Star Race, autographed items and a tour of the Penske Racing facility with a Penske driver.
· Pick 22 To Win… Discount Tire, America’s largest tire and wheel retailer, and NASCAR champion driver Brad Keselowski, are providing an exciting way for race fans to follow the action and win great prizes with the Pick 22 to Win online sweepstakes. At pick22towin.com fans select where Keselowski and his No. 22 Discount Tire/Snap-on Dodge Challenger will finish in a designated Nationwide Series race. There are 15 separate Nationwide Series races for fans to participate in for a chance to win free sets of tires and great autographed Brad Keselowski race gear.
Brad Keselowski on going to Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the first time in the Nationwide Series
“I think we are all going to miss going to the ‘small’ track for a year or so because it was such a large part of the Nationwide Series. It had been on the schedule since the beginning of the series and it put on some great racing. I was honored to win the last race there because it was a track that I visited a lot as a kid. But to be able to take the Nationwide Series to the Brickyard and partner it with the Cup Series and the Grand-Am Series will make for an exciting weekend of racing for our fans. It’s going to expose a lot of new drivers to one of the most-famous racetracks in the world. I don’t think anyone really knows what to expect out of these cars until we get out there on Thursday. While I don’t have a lot of experience on the ‘big’ track,’ I hope I have enough that I can draw on to be the first winner there in the Nationwide Series.”
Crew chief Jeremy Bullins on preparing a car for Indianapolis Motor Speedway
“The Discount Tire Dodge Challenger team is beyond excited to be headed to the inaugural NASCAR Nationwide Series race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. It would be a tremendous honor and accomplishment to win the first event there for Penske Racing and Mr. Penske, with all he and his teams have accomplished there in the past. We approach every race with the desire to come out on top, but winning at the Brickyard would be a tremendous bonus. We will give it everything we have. Some driver-crew chief combinations don’t have any experience racing there in the Cup Series. That’s not the case with Brad and I, which should give us a leg up before we roll off the truck.”
- Penske Racing Press Release
Article Tags: Brad Keselowski, F.W. Webb 200, Greg Biffle, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indy 250, NASCAR Nationwide Series, New Hampshire Motor Speedway, NHMS, NNS, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Challenger R/T, ORP, Parker Kligerman, Penske Racing