Brian Scott Runs Out of Fuel on Final Laps at Circuit Gilles VilleneuvePress Release
Box Score Info:
RACE: NASCAR Nationwide Series NAPA Auto Parts 200
TRACK: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
DRIVER: Brian Scott
CAR: No. 11 Dollar General Toyota Camry
LAPS: 81 / 81
POINTS POSITION: 9thPost Race Highlights:
· Joe Gibbs Racing’s Brian Scott secured a 10th place starting spot for Saturday’s NAPA Auto Parts 200 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal.
· The first of eight yellow flags came out on lap 18. Pit sequences had varied throughout the beginning of the race, and Scott, running eighth, came in for his first pit stop of the day under the caution. After changing four tires, refueling and making air pressure adjustments to the No. 11 Toyota, the Dollar General pit crew got Scott out in 14th for the restart.
· Scott moved his way back into the top-10 and stayed there until lap 41 when he got loose and spun in turn one. This pushed him back to 23rd.
· The field went under a full course yellow for its fourth time on lap 46. Crew chief Kevin Kidd brought Scott in for another four-tire stop. He was positioned 18th when the field went back to green.
· Determined to make his way back into the top-10, Scott continued to hit his marks and was fifth by lap 67.
· The caution came out with three laps to go and Scott restarted seventh. Before a lap was completed, a full course yellow came out on the track. Scott was up to fourth for the first attempt at a green, white, checkered flag finish.
· The Dollar General Camry was running close on having enough fuel to make it to the checkers. Untimely for Scott, the caution came back out when Jacques Villeneuve spun the No. 6 car, who was leading. This made for a second attempt at a green, white, checkered flag finish.
· Making more laps than they’d hoped under the yellow, Scott and the No. 11 team took the chance on making it through the finish on fuel. The DG Toyota restarted fourth, but Scott ran out of gas, putting him 24th for the finish.
Brian Scott’s Post Race Thoughts:
“We had another strong road course run, but those last two restarts just got us too close on fuel. We knew we were gambling on the restarts there at the end, but that was the only thing we could do to contend for a top-five finish. Unfortunately we weren’t able to get that finish. We dug hard this weekend; I just wish we could have capitalized on it.”
- Joe Gibbs Racing Press Release
Article Tags: Brian Scott, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Jacques Villeneuve, Kevin Kidd, NAPA Auto Parts 200, NASCAR Nationwide Series, NNS, No. 11 Dollar General Toyota Camry