Brian Scott, No. 11 Dollar General Toyota Camry Richmond International Raceway PreviewPress Release
Virginia 529 College Savings 250 at Richmond International Raceway
No. 11 Dollar General Toyota News and Notes:
· DOUBLE THE DG AT RIR:Dollar General will have representation on two Nationwide Series entries this week at Richmond International Raceway. Their signature yellow and black Toyotas will be driven by DG Racing Nationwide Series regular Brian Scott (No. 11 Camry) and his 18-year-old teammate Darrell Wallace Jr. (No. 20 Camry). Friday night will be Scott’s seventh career Nationwide Series start under the lights at Richmond International Raceway.
· DRIVERS TEE UP FOR DG LITERACY FOUNDATION: Brian Scott will be joined by teammates Joey Logano and Darrell Wallace Jr. on Monday, September 10 to participate in the 20th annual Dollar General Literacy Foundation Golf Classic in Nashville, Tennessee. Since its inception in 1993, the Dollar General Literacy Foundation Golf Classic has raised over $13 million in support of literacy initiatives throughout Dollar General’s operating market.
· CREW MEMBER MAKES VISIT TO HOME TRACK: Chris “Yoshi” Jones, rear-end mechanic on the Dollar General team, will return to his home track this weekend as the circuit competes at Richmond International Raceway. Jones hails from Glade Hill, Virginia and has been involved in racing for the majority of his life. His father introduced him to the sport at the young age of five. Jones currently resides in Concord, North Carolina with his wife Kayla and his son Carter. When he has time away from racing, he enjoys cooking and spending time with his family.
· JOE GIBBS RACING AT RICHMOND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing’s Nationwide Series program has 56 starts with 18 different drivers at Richmond International Raceway. JGR Nationwide entries have claimed four wins, nine top-five finishes and 20 top-10 finishes while leading 653 laps of competition.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 11 DOLLAR GENERAL TOYOTA: Dollar General vendor partners Reese’s, Glad, First Quality, Cheez-It, Brawny, Xtra, Energizer, Powerade, Gillette Fusion and Listerine will be featured on Joe Gibbs Racing’s No. 11 Toyota Camry this weekend at Richmond International Raceway.
· RACE INFO: The Virginia 529 College Savings 250 at Richmond International Speedway kicks off at 7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, September 7. Watch and listen live on ESPN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio starting at 7 p.m. ET.
From the Cockpit:
Brian Scott: “We ran good, but didn’t have that great of a finish at Richmond in the spring, but we’re well-prepared to turn that around this weekend. The 18 car finished second there in the spring, and we’ve worked a lot with them to prepare for this week’s race. We definitely have all the pieces in place, just need to capitalize on it. Joe Gibbs Racing has a strong short track program, and I think we can prove that this weekend at Richmond. Short track racing is always exciting – especially in a night race under the lights. We’ve continuously had fast cars this season, just haven’t been able to prove it with our finishes. Hopefully we’ll be able to bring home a strong finish for Dollar General and JGR on Friday.”
From the Pit Box:
Adam Stevens: “I was impressed with how Brian ran at Richmond earlier in the year, so we have good expectations for this weekend. Richmond is tough because you practice early in the morning and race in the evening. The driver has to know what he needs to feel in practice in the morning to race well at night. The track conditions will change dramatically. We have a good game plan going into the weekend. It’s just up to us to execute it. I hope to challenge for a top-five at the end of the night.”
About Dollar General:
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 70 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, house wares and seasonal items at low everyday prices in convenient neighborhood locations.
Dollar General is committed to the communities it serves and is proud to support initiatives that help others improve their lives through literacy and education. The Dollar General Literacy Foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations that help individuals learn to read, prepare for their GED or learn to speak English.
Find the Dollar General store nearest you or learn more about the company at www.dollargeneral.com or on Dollar General’s Facebook page.
- Joe Gibbs Racing Press Release
Article Tags: Brian Scott, Darrell Wallace Jr., JGR, Joe Gibbs Racing, Joey Logano, Kevin Kidd, NASCAR Nationwide Series, NNS, Richmond (Va.) International Raceway, RIR, Virginia 529 College Savings 250