Mike Wallace looking for good showing at Chicagoland in Saturday’s Nationwide racePress Release
With him currently 12th in points and trailing 11th by a mere 15 markers, the Newt Moore led team is going to the Windy City with a good car and set up. Now, they just need to take advantage of the two practice sessions on Friday to qualify and race well on Saturday.
Danny Efland will be wheeling the No. 4 Tradebank Chevrolet once again. He’s making his 12th start of the season, and third career one at Chicagoland.
After two weeks of night races, the NNS returns to daylight action. Chicagoland Speedway is a fast 1.5-mile track where handling into and out of the corners is paramount. Having a combination of Wallace with his JD Motorsports team already puts them in a good position to succeed.
Mike Wallace Info
· This will be the St. Louis native’s 442nd career NNS start
· During that time, he’s won four races
· This will be his 26th start of the 2012 season
· During that span, he’s completed 4,179 of 4,428 laps contested (94.4 percent) and led five races for nine circuits
· Currently 12th in points, Wallace is 15 points behind 11th place
· Seven of the last nine races have been top-20 finishes
· With 11 previous starts at Chicagoland Speedway, he’s led two races for 19 laps and completed 1,961 of 2,204 circuits of competition
· Eight of those 11 races produced a top-20 finish; with 14th being the best in 2002
Danny Efland Info
· The native of Irmo, S.C. is making his 51st career NASCAR Nationwide Series start
· This race will make it an even dozen NNS starts for the 2012 season
· During that span this year, he’s completed 1,356 of 1,815 laps contested
· This will be his third start at Chicagoland where he’s completed 236 of 401 circuits. An engine problem at the track earlier this year cut his race to only 47 laps
Tune in for the Win
There are two practice sessions on Friday, which will air on ESPN2. The first is 2:40 p.m. ET to 3:50 p.m. with the second from 5:40 p.m. to 7 p.m. Qualifying takes place Saturday at Noon on SPEED TV with race action on ESPN2 starting at 3:30 p.m. All 200 laps of action can be heard on MRN Radio and Sirius XM NASCAR Radio Ch. 90
Mike Wallace Quotes
“Chicagoland is one of those tracks where you have to be really, really good in Turns 1 and 3 when go into those big corners. The banking helps you keep the momentum going, but a good set up and strong motor is what will get you out of there faster.
“Because this is a bigger track than a Richmond, track position is very important. Staying on the lead lap will be important and running with the leaders, avoiding other people’s mistakes and being good on pit road are the keys to our success.
“Chicago is a great area and I enjoy going to check out the sites and great restaurants when we race there. One thing about Chicago, you’ll never go hungry in that town.”
Source: JD Motorsports with Gary Keller Press Release
Article Tags: Chicagoland Speedway, Danny Efland, JD Motorsports with Gary Keller, Mike Wallace, NASCAR Nationwide Series, NNS, No. 01 G&K Services Chevrolet Impala, No. 4 Tradebank Chevrolet Impala