Brian Scott, No. 11 Dollar General Toyota Camry Kentucky Speedway PreviewPress Release
Kentucky 300 at Kentucky Speedway
No. 11 Dollar General Toyota News and Notes:
· DOLLAR GENERAL 300 RECAP:Both of the Dollar General Toyotas finished in the top-10 in last weekend’s Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola at Chicagoland Speedway. Brian Scott was 10th and teammate Joey Logano brought home a ninth place finish. The Dollar General 300 at Chicagoland Speedway was the first of two Nationwide Series races this season with Dollar General as the title sponsor. Next up is the Dollar General 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway on Friday, October 12.
· SCOTT A DOUBLE-DUTY DRIVER IN KENTUCKY: In addition to piloting his familiar No. 11 Dollar General Camry in Saturday’s Nationwide Series race at Kentucky Speedway, Scott is also slated to compete in Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event. Scott’s Toyota Tundra will also carry the Dollar General brand. Friday is the third of five Truck Series races for Scott in 2012. The 24-year-old Boise, Idaho native will also compete in the Truck Series events at Martinsville Speedway (October 27) and Phoenix International Raceway (November 9).
· AWAY FROM THE TRACK: Scott is busy enjoying some time with family in his home state this week before traveling to Sparta, Ky. for this weekend’s Nationwide Series race. An avid outdoorsman with a wide range of interests, Scott’s main focus this week in Idaho will be bow hunting for elk. This summer he’s also spent time skeet shooting, bow fishing, golfing and jet-skiing.
· JOE GIBBS RACING AT KENTUCKY SPEEDWAY: In 25 starts at Kentucky Speedway, Joe Gibbs Racing’s Nationwide Series operation has three wins, nine top-five finishes, 12 top-10 finishes and four poles. All three JGR wins at Kentucky Speedway have been with driver Joey Logano. Joe Gibbs Racing entries have led 565 laps in their 25 starts at the Sparta, Kentucky track. With 26 of 33 races on the 2012 Nationwide Series schedule completed, Joe Gibbs Racing has six wins, 20 top-five finishes, 39 top-10 finishes and six poles.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 11 DOLLAR GENERAL TOYOTA: Dollar General vendor partners Energizer, Powerade, Reese’s, Gillette ProGlide, Zyrtec, Rice Krispies, Quilted Northern Ultra Plush, Oragel, Bounty and Eckrich will be featured on Joe Gibbs Racing’s No. 11 Toyota Camry this weekend at Kentucky Speedway.
· RACE INFO: The Kentucky 300 at Kentucky Speedway kicks off at 4 p.m. ET on Saturday, September 22. Watch and listen live on ESPN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio starting at 3:30 p.m. ET.
From the Cockpit:
Brian Scott: “Kentucky is a good track for me and I really enjoy racing there. We didn’t have the finish we wanted there earlier this year because we struggled with engine issues, but before that we had a good run going. I have no doubt that Kevin and the guys will give me another fast racecar, we just need to capitalize on that this weekend. We’ve missed out on too many opportunities this season and haven’t quite shown our strength. This No. 11 Dollar General team is fully capable of contending week in and week out, so that is our goal from here throughout the rest of the season.”
From the Pit Box:
Kevin Kidd: “Ride quality is typically a big issue at Kentucky. Working your car through the bumps can provide a lot of speed. As with all intermediate tracks, aerodynamics play a critical part of the equation as well. Our last effort at Kentucky was disappointing in that we had a pretty good car, yet ended the race early with an engine failure. The guys in the motor room have worked really hard, put that stuff behind them, and now we are off to Kentucky again to show what we can do there.”
About Dollar General:
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 70 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, house wares and seasonal items at low everyday prices in convenient neighborhood locations.
Dollar General is committed to the communities it serves and is proud to support initiatives that help others improve their lives through literacy and education. The Dollar General Literacy Foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations that help individuals learn to read, prepare for their GED or learn to speak English.
Find the Dollar General store nearest you or learn more about the company at www.dollargeneral.com or on Dollar General’s Facebook page.
DG at the Track:
Dollar General has more retail locations than any retailer in America, with 10,000 stores in 39 states. There are numerous Dollar General locations in the state of Kentucky. The 12 locations nearest to Kentucky Speedway are below:
Dollar General #3129 Dollar General #253 Dollar General #8986
616 E Main St. 318 N Main St. 951 W Main St.
Warsaw, KY 41095 Owenton, KY 40359 Vevay, IN 47043
Dollar General #23 Dollar General #356 Dollar General #6933
2074 US Hwy 227 68 Warsaw Ave. 395 Violet Rd.
Carrollton, KY 41008 Dry Ridge, KY 41035 Crittenden, KY 41030
Dollar General #4825 Dollar General #11790 Dollar General #12989
135 Brookwood Dr. 8827 Main St. 10247 Dixie Hwy.
Walton, KY 41094 Campbellsburg, KY 40011 Florence, KY 41042
Dollar General #4732 Dollar General #10417 Dollar General #11870
19 Fairground Rd. 5056 Madison Pike 880 Pendleton Rd.
Bedford, KY 40006 Independence, KY 41051 Pendleton, KY 40055
Source: Joe Gibbs Racing Press Release
Article Tags: Brian Scott, Chicagoland Speedway, Dollar General 300 powered by Coca-Cola, JGR, Joe Gibbs Racing, Joey Logano, KBM, Kentucky 201, Kentucky 300, Kentucky Speedway, Kyle Busch Motorsports, Martinsville (Va.) Speedway, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series, NCWTS, NNS, No. 11 Dollar General Toyota Camry, No. 18 Dollar General Toyota Tundra, Phoenix (Ariz.) International Raceway, PIR