JD Motorsports and Mike Wallace ready to take on repaved Kansas trackPress Release
“Danny Efland will drive the No. 4 Tradebank Chevrolet as a teammate”GAFFNEY, S.C. (October 16, 2012) – Kansas Speedway has a newly-repaved track with a change to progressive banking waiting for the NASCAR Nationwide Series upon their arrival this weekend.
As a result, NASCAR has scheduled an additional practice/test session on Thursday so teams can adapt and obtain notes for the race weekend. The banking went from a straight 15 degrees, to a progressive one that starts at 17 degrees in the low part of the turns and tops out at 20 degrees higher up.
Wallace, a veteran of 750-combined NASCAR starts, has been through this type of process many times during his career at various tracks. So, he and the No. 01 HELPJD01.com Chevrolet team are looking to put his veteran experience to use through the entire weekend.
Mike Wallace Notes:
· This will be his 456th NNS career start and 30th of the 2012 season
· The native of St. Louis is making his 11th start at Kansas
· He is currently 12th in NNS Driver’s Points
· To date, Wallace has completed 95 percent (4,965 of 5,228) of the laps contested this season
· His best finish was seventh at Montreal and he’s led five different races
· In regards to Kansas, Wallace has completed 92.9 percent (1,861 of 2,004) of laps contested
· His best start was 20th in 2001 and finish of 12th in 2010
Danny Efland Notes:
· The native of Irmo, S.C. is making his 55th career NNS start and 16th of the 2012 season
· He has one previous Kansas start, which was in 2009, where he started 41st and finished 26th completing 195 of 200 laps
Tune in for the Win
As previously stated, there will be a practice/test session from 2 p.m. ET to 6 p.m. There are two practice sessions on Friday, the first is from 2 p.m. to 3:15 p.m., and the second is 3:40 p.m. to 5 p.m. – both are being shown on ESPN2. Qualifying takes place Saturday at Noon and is on SPEED TV. Race action starts at 3:30 p.m. on ESPN TV, MRN Radio and Sirius XM NASCAR Radio Ch. 98 for all 200 laps of action.
Mike Wallace Quotes: “First, I would like to say how disappointed I am that my daughter, Chrissy, won’t be racing with myself and the team this weekend. Everything didn’t come together as we had planned so we had to delay her getting in the car.
“But, the No. 01 team still has to go to Kansas and get all the points we can with this season coming to a close. A new track doesn’t worry me that much, but you still have to be very aware of what the car is doing on the new pavement and turns with that new progressive banking.
“We have four hours on Thursday to get a good start on things. We just need to make the best of that, then back it up with good practices on Friday, take that through qualifying and right into the race on Saturday.
“I’m looking forward to how the cars are going to handle on the new asphalt and through the turns. If it’s like all the other tracks that have done this, we’re going to have some fast speeds out there.”
Source: JD Motorsports with Gary Keller Press Release
Article Tags: Chrissy Wallace, Danny Efland, JD Motorsports with Gary Keller, Kansas Speedway, Mike Wallace, NASCAR Nationwide Series, NNS