Mike Wallace and Danny Efland ready for second step at Texas Motor SpeedwayPress Release
Wallace will sport the G&K Services logos on his Chevrolet and his teammate, Efland, will carry Tradebank on the No. 4 Chevrolet. The entire team is working hard to round out the final three races of the 2012 season with good finishes.
Earlier this month, Wallace and team announced their marketing relationship with Clemson University. So, besides the Owner and Driver Points involved, they’re also racing and working together with an eye towards the future for both parties.
Adding to the excitement and anticipation is the race time of 7:30 p.m. ET, putting the Nationwide teams under the lights on a Saturday night.
Mike Wallace Notes:
· This will be his 446th career NNS start
· This is the St. Louis native’s 31st NNS start of 2012
· During that span this season, Wallace has completed 5,165 of 5,434 laps (95 percent) laps contested
· Currently 12th in Driver’s Points, he has led five races
· As far as Texas Motor Speedway, he has 14 previous starts to his credit
· During that time, Wallace has completed 2,515 of 2,721 laps (92.4 percent) contested
· In addition to three top-15 and five top-20 finishes, he’s led five times
· His best year at TMS was 2008 when he started 13th in the spring race, and finished 12th in the fall
Danny Efland Notes
· The native of Irmo, S.C. is making his 56th career NNS start on Saturday
· This year, he’s completed 2,040 of 2,821 laps contested
· This will be his 17th start in 201
He does have four previous starts at TMS, with his last coming earlier this year when he finished 31st
Tune in for the Win
There are two practice sessions on Friday with the first taking place from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. ET and the second from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.; which are both on SPEED TV. Qualifying takes place at 4 p.m., also on SPEED, with racing action starting at 7:30 p.m. on ESPN. To hear all 200 laps of action, tune into PRN or Sirius XM NASCAR Radio Ch. 98
Mike Wallace Quotes: “Before we talk about racing, everyone at JD Motorsports wants to send our thoughts and prayers to those who have been dealing with Superstorm Sandy this week. From what we’ve seen on TV and online, they have a tough road ahead of them and we want them to know they’re in our thoughts.
“We have a tough track ahead of us with how fast Texas is and how tough it is to race. I know they say the 1.5 milers are “cookie cutter” tracks, but each one is different and you have to be ready to make adjustments.
“The night race is going to cause the engines to be a bit faster with the cool air. But, you have to be ready to adapt the car to the changing track conditions. We’ll work on that more in the second practice on Friday. But, I’m looking forward to taking the G&K Services Chevrolet for a good run there in Texas.”
Source: JD Motorsports with Gary Keller Press Release
Article Tags: Danny Efland, JD Motorsports, JD Motorsports with Gary Keller, NASCAR Nationwide Series, NNS, No. 01 G&K Services Chevrolet Impala, No. 4 Tradebank Chevrolet Impala, Texas Motor Speedway, TMS