Darrell Wallace Jr., No. 20 Dollar General Toyota Camry Iowa Speedway PreviewPress Release
Darrell Wallace Jr. / No. 20 Dollar General Toyota Preview
Pioneer Hi-Bred 250 at Iowa Speedway
No. 20 Dollar General Toyota News and Notes:
· DOLLAR GENERAL ON BOARD FOR DW JR. DEBUT:Joe Gibbs Racing sponsor Dollar General has teamed with Darrell Wallace Jr. for his highly anticipated debut in the NASCAR Nationwide Series this week at Iowa Speedway. Wallace’s No. 20 Toyota will be one of two Dollar General Camrys on the track in Newton, Iowa this weekend. His paint scheme will be a unique reversal of Dollar General’s familiar colors with a black base and yellow lettering. Shore Lodge, along with Coke and Toyota will serve as associate sponsors for Wallace’s inaugural Nationwide Series race.
· TRENDING ON TWITTER: The 18-year-old’s Nationwide Series debut has been a popular talking point on Twitter leading into the race weekend in Iowa. #DWjrDebut is now a growing trend on the social media platform. Fans are encouraged to join in on the excitement of Wallace’s first Nationwide Series race through the use of the special hashtag leading up to Sunday’s event.
· TWICE THE TRACK TIME: In addition to competing in Sunday’s 250 lap Nationwide Series event, Wallace is also slated to drive JGR’s No. 18 Coke / Shore Lodge Toyota in Saturday’s K&N Pro Series East race at Iowa Speedway. Wallace has six wins in the K&N Pro Series with his most recent at Greenville-Pickens Speedway in March. The rising star started the Greenville-Pickens race from the pole position and led 149 laps en route to victory lane.
· JOE GIBBS RACING AT IOWA SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing’s Nationwide Series program has 10 starts at Iowa Speedway with one win, two top-five finishes, five top-10 finishes and one pole. JGR entries have led 368 laps of competition in only four events at Iowa Speedway. The organization has an average start of 8.6 and an average finish of 10.5 on the .875 mile Heartland oval.
· RACE INFO: The Pioneer Hi-Bred 250 at Iowa Speedway kicks off at 2:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 20. Watch and listen live on ESPN, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio starting at 1:30 p.m. ET.
From the Cockpit:
Darrell Wallace Jr.:“I’ve been counting down the days until my Nationwide Series debut. I really like racing at Iowa, so that’s a great place to get my first Nationwide start. I’ve been out there twice now and I’ve had good runs both times. Having a little bit of experience there and having seat time in both the Nationwide and K&N Series this weekend helps build up my confidence. I’m looking forward to getting on the track, interacting with the fans, and just giving the team, the sponsors and the fans a good show. The goals I’ve set for this weekend are to run up front and get a solid top-10 finish. I don’t want to get ahead of myself, I just want to learn as much as I can and make my team and sponsors proud.”
“Having Dollar General come on board for my debut in the Nationwide Series is a huge honor. They are a great sponsor in this sport and obviously a big part of what we do at Joe Gibbs Racing. It’s also great to have Shore Lodge as part of my debut race and of course the continued support of everyone at Coke and Toyota is just awesome.”
From the Pit Box:
Adam Stevens:“I’m really looking forward to getting to work with Darrell for his Nationwide debut. Iowa is a great racetrack where the competition is good and the fan turnout is always impressive. Darrell has run a few races at Iowa already in an East car, so that experience will be a big help. I think a top-10 is a reasonable goal for our first race together.”
“The tire combination is a little different this year, so that is a bit of an unknown for us heading into Iowa. The East Series and GASS Series are both running there with us on completely different tires. That will result in the track conditions being drastically different as their rubber comes up and our rubber goes down.”
About Dollar General:
Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 70 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, house wares and seasonal items at low everyday prices in convenient neighborhood locations.
Dollar General is committed to the communities it serves and is proud to support initiatives that help others improve their lives through literacy and education. The Dollar General Literacy Foundation awards grants to nonprofit organizations that help individuals learn to read, prepare for their GED or learn to speak English.
Find the Dollar General store nearest you or learn more about the company at www.dollargeneral.com or on Dollar General’s Facebook page.
DG at the Track:
Dollar General has more retail locations than any retailer in America, with 10,000 stores in 39 states. There are 12 Dollar General locations in the Newton, Iowa area.
Dollar General #3032 Dollar General #12680 Dollar General #7234
2617 1st Ave. E 307 Center Ave. S 701 8th St. SW
Newton, IA 50208 Mitchellville, IA 50169 Altoona, IA 50009
Dollar General #4513 Dollar General #313 Dollar General #7310
4840 Maple Dr. 2570 Hubbell Ave. 901 South Ankeny Blvd.
Pleasant Hill, IA 50327 Des Moines, IA 50317 Ankeny, IA 50021
Dollar General #6725 Dollar General #4991 Dollar General #7109
1428 E Ovid Ave. 3223 SE 14th St. Ste C 114 West St. South
Des Moines, IA 50316 Des Moines, IA 50320 Grinnell, IA 50112
Dollar General #4554 Dollar General #6735 Dollar General #8594
1020 E Army Post Rd. 2650 Ingersoll Ave. 4213 Fleur Dr.
Des Moines, IA 50315 Des Moines, IA 50312 Des Moines, IA 50321
About Shore Lodge:
Established in 1948 on the sandy shores of beautiful Payette Lake, the iconic Shore Lodge is the premiere resort in Central Idaho and a quintessential mountain retreat. Amenities include The Cove, an authentic mountain McCall spa, and the Andy North-designed Golf Digest “Top 100″ Whitetail Golf Course. The course is located within the private, 1300-acre, mountain lake residential community of Whitetail, which offers lake, mountain and golf course-view home sites, contemporary mountain cabins and an array of amenities including a Fish & Swim Club, golf shop & grill restaurant, indoor tennis and fitness facility, plus a play park and Camp Sharlie for kids. In addition, Shore Lodge is situated on the edge of the largest area of protected wilderness in the continental United States, three major river systems and the best and most plentiful natural hot springs in the lower 48 states. It’s located only 10 minutes from Brundage Mountain, which Ski Magazine has credited with “the best powder in North America” and which provides lift-assisted access to more than 20 miles of mountain bike trails. Visit www.shorelodge.com, www.thecovemccall.com and www.whitetailclub.com for more information.
- Joe Gibbs Racing Press Release
Article Tags: Adam Stevens, Darrell Wallace Jr., Greenville-Pickens (S.C.) Speedway, Iowa Speedway, NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, No. 20 Dollar General Toyota Camry, Pioneer Hi-Bred 250