Team Chevy, 2012 NSCS Quicken Loans 400 Pre-Race Notes & QuotesPress Release
TEAM CHEVY ADVANCE
QUICKEN LOANS 400
MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY
JUNE 17, 2012
DID YOU KNOW? The all-electric vehicle range of the 2013 Chevrolet Volt will be 38 miles on a single charge, providing owners with a three-mile EV range increase from the 2012 model. The miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) will increase from 94 miles to 98 miles and the total range, including extended range operation, will be 380 miles.
CHEVY RACING AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY– JEFF CHEW, MARKETING MANAGER – CHEVROLET RACING: “The Team Chevy Racing Display will have something for everyone who visits Michigan International Speedway this weekend. Fans can ask questions of Team Chevy drivers Tony Stewart, Danica Patrick, Jeff Burton and a host of other drivers who will be stopping by the Team Chevy stage. Fans can also spend time with one of our friendly product specialists and learn more about Chevy’s great 2012 vehicle lineup, and compete with other fans on our video race simulators. Also on display are Chevrolet Performance Parts crate engines and an assortment of accessories and performance parts for fans to purchase from their local Chevy dealer. We hope to see you there.”
TEAM CHEVY SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow Team Chevy on Facebook and @TeamChevy on Twitter to receive the latest news as well as updates with times and locations of events
TEAM CHEVY FOR THE FANS AT MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY:
- · Fans can visit the Team Chevy Racing Display in the Fan Zone area at Michigan International Speedway
- · Fans can check out great Chevrolet vehicles including: Sonic LS, Cruze ECO, Camaro 45th Anniversary, Equinox, Tahoe, Traverse, Volt, Silverado 1500, 2014 Impala, Camaro ZZ1 and Spark
- · At the display see a variety of show cars including the No. 88, No. 29 and No. 14 NASCAR Sprint Cup cars as well as the No. 57 Grand-Am Camaro
- · Also on display is a Chevrolet R07 racing engine complete with electronic fuel injection that will power all of our NASCAR Sprint Cup series Team Chevy drivers in 2012. Fans can also see a sample of engines, parts and accessories available for purchase from Chevrolet at their local Chevrolet dealer
- · Team Chevy Test Drive – This weekend at Michigan International Speedway the Team Chevy Display will feature the Team Chevy Test Drive area. This is an area where fans can climb behind the wheel of an array of featured Chevrolet vehicles and give them a test drive on site. The featured vehicles fans can test drive include: Sonic, Cruze, Malibu, Volt, Camaro, Corvette Grand Sport, Equinox, Traverse and Silverado
- · Other activities at the Team Chevy Racing Display include a variety of interactive games for adults and kids
- · When fans register at the Team Chevy Racing Display they will receive a 35 Manufacturers’ Championship t-shirt
DRIVER FAN Q/A APPEARANCES:
- · Friday June 15th – NASCAR Nationwide Series Rookie-of-the-Year contender will visit the Team Chevy stage for a question and answer session at 5:30 p.m.
- · Saturday June 16th – Johanna Long will visit the Team Chevy stage at 10:00 a.m. followed by defending NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart at 12:30 p.m. Danica Patrick will visit the Team Chevy stage for a question and answer session at 1:20 p.m. followed by James Buescher at 2:30 p.m.
- · Sunday June 17th – Jeff Burton will stop by the Team Chevy stage at 9:05 a.m. followed by the No. 42 Chevrolet over-the-wall pit crew at 9:30 a.m.
- · Hours of operation: Fri. June 15th – 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; Sat. June 16th – 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Sun. June 17th – 7:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
TEAM CHEVY IN NASCAR SPRINT CUP SERIES (NSCS) COMPETITION:
- · Chevrolet has won 35 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (NSCS) Manufacturers’ Championships
- · Team Chevy drivers have scored 693 wins and 623 poles in NSCS competition
CHEVROLET ON THE TRACK—MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY:
- · Chevrolet drivers have won 19 of 85 races at Michigan International Speedway (MIS). Wins by active drivers are:
- o Kurt Busch, No. 51 Phoenix Construction Services Inc. Chevrolet, has two victories at MIS (’03 & ’07)
- o Jeff Gordon, No. 24 DuPont Chevrolet, has two (2) wins at MIS (’98 & ‘01)
- o Ryan Newman, No. 39 U.S. Army Chevrolet, has gone to Victory Lane twice (2) at MIS (’03 & ’04)
- o Dale Earnhardt Jr., No. 88 Diet Mountain Dew/The Dark Knight Rises/National Guard Chevrolet, has one win at MIS (’08)
- o Kevin Harvick, No. 29 Budweiser Folds of Honor Chevrolet, has one victory at MIS (’10)
- o Kasey Kahne, No. 5 Farmers Insurance Chevrolet, has one trophy from MIS (’06)
- o Tony Stewart, No. 14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 Chevrolet, has one victory at MIS (’00)
- · A Chevrolet driver has won three (3) of the last 10 races at MIS
- · A Chevrolet driver has sat on the pole at Michigan 23 times
- · Team Chevy drivers have scored 142 top-five and 293 top-10 finishes at MIS
- · A Chevrolet has led 6,090 laps (36.1% of possible 16,892 at Michigan International Speedway)
TEAM CHEVY IN THE GARAGE MICHIGAN INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY – PAT SUHY –MANAGER, CHEVROLET RACING – OVAL TRACK GROUP:
“The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series will get to experience their second week in a row of racing on a newly repaved track when the tour arrives at Michigan International Speedway this week. As with last week at the repaved Pocono track, there will be time for testing before the official race weekend gets underway. The teams will get six hours of track time on Thursday to learn as much as they can about how the new surface interacts with the new left and right-side tire codes that will be run here. The few teams that participated in Goodyear’s tire test in April will already have a leg-up on the competition given the fact that they’ve already experienced the new combination of pavement and tires.“Tests like this are a mixed bag for the teams. On one hand it allows them to make only one trip to the track and is probably more cost-efficient. On the other hand it becomes a ‘fire drill’ for the teams and engineering groups to gather as much data as possible in the six hours of track testing on Thursday. They will provide the data to their engineers, who will be expected to perform their analysis and possibly some physical testing on the seven post rig back at the shop; and then have results packaged-up for the crew chiefs and car engineers before the official race weekend gets underway the very next day.
“Our line-up of Team Chevy Sprint Cup teams has shown over time that they’re the best in the business when it comes to getting it done on the race track. I’m confident that we’ll see at least a few of our teams running up front and putting themselves in position to collect Chevrolet’s seventh win of the season on Sunday.”
Article Tags: "June Bug", 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, 2012 NSCS, 2012 Quicken Loans 400, Austin Dillon, Brooklyn (MI), Chevrolet, Chevrolet Impala SS, Chevy, Chevy Impala SS, Dale Earnhardt Jr, Dale Earnhardt Junior, Dale Jr., Dale Junior, Dave Blaney, Detroit, Detroit (MI), Earnhardt Ganassi Racing With Felix Sabates, Earnhardt Jr., Earnhardt Junior, FRR, Furniture Row Racing, Furniture Row Racing (FRR), Hendrick Motorsports, Jamie McMurray, Jeff Burton, Jeff Chew, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Juan Pablo Montoya, Junior, Kasey Kahne, Kevin Harvick, Michigan International Speedway, MIS, NASCAR, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NSCS, Pat Suhy, Paul Menard, Quicken Loans 400, RCR, Regan Smith, Richard Childress Racing, Richard Childress Racing RCR, Ryan Newman, SHR, Stewart-Haas Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing SHR, TBR, Team Chevy, The Irish Hills, Tommy Baldwin Racing, Tommy Baldwin Racing (TBR), Tony Stewart