Tough Outing For Max Gresham At Charlotte Motor SpeedwayPress Release
Race: N.C. Education Lottery 200
Date: May 18, 2012
Location: Charlotte Motor Speedway
Starting Position: 23rd
Finishing Position: 24th
Owner Points Position: 22ndRace Recap:
- Max Gresham and the No. 24 Joe Denette Motorsports team didn’t get the results they expected in Friday night’s N.C. Education Lottery 200 and, as a result, left Charlotte Motor Speedway with a 24th-place finish in the fifth event on the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series schedule.
- Despite starting 23rd, Gresham charged into the top-15 by lap 20 before making a pit stop for four tires and fuel under caution at lap 25. Although a hand-full of teams took fuel only, Gresham only lost one spot on pit road and when racing resumed on lap 30, the No. 24 BugBand Chevrolet was scored 16th.
- The Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender raced competitively inside the top-15 for the next 30 laps until a flat right front tire sent the BugBand Chevrolet into the wall on lap 66, forcing Gresham down pit road under green for four tires and fuel.
- Gresham had to make multiple trips down pit road to repair damage to the splitter which ultimately left the BugBand Chevrolet mired three laps down to the race leaders for the remainder of the event.
- A never-give-up attitude in the closing 50 laps allowed the Griffin, GA native to gain four positions on track to finish 24th behind race winner, Justin Lofton.
Max Gresham Quotes:
“We started off fairly strong but we had a tire go down midway through the race tonight which put us in the wall and a few laps behind. We were on a lap of our own the rest of the race and trying to play catch-up but we were never able to gain much ground. It’s just so unfortunate; we had a really fast BugBand Chevrolet. I hate it for all the guys and I hate it for Dan Ritter and his entire team at BugBand because we didn’t give them the show they deserved.”
· Max Gresham is currently 19th in the 2012 NCWTS driver point standings
· Gresham was the eighth highest finishing Sunoco Rookie of the Year contender at Charlotte Motor Speedway
· After four NCWTS races in 2012, Gresham has an average start of 23.4 and an average finish of 21.8
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series will return to action at Dover International Speedway for the Lucas Oil 200 on Saturday, June 1. Gresham will make his debut at the 1- mile oval. Don’t miss all the action from the “Monster Mile,” live on SPEED at 4:30 p.m. ET.
BugBand, a Cartersville, Ga. Company, features a full line of wristbands, pump spray’s, towelette and diffuser products with the active ingredient Geraniol. Unlike products that use Deet, a synthetic, manufactured chemical, BugBand products are naturally derived, featuring Geraniol, concentrated oil that is extracted from geranium flowers.
According to laboratory and field studies by the University of Florida in Gainesville, Geraniol, has been proven effective in repelling a wide variety of insects, including mosquitoes, house flies, stable flies, horn flies, cockroaches, fire ants, fleas, gnats, dog ticks, lone star ticks, and no-see-ums. BugBand sprays and towelettes are effective against ticks, as well.
The result is a natural, safe and extremely effective insect repellent for adults, children and pets. BugBand products can be used comfortably without mess or foul smell while at sporting events, camping, fishing and hunting, gardening, cookouts and just about any other outdoor situation where insects can be bothersome.
For more information on BugBand go to www.BugBand.net
Stay Connected With Max:
You can keep up with Max 24/7 by following him on Twitter @MaxGresham and on Facebook at Max Gresham Fan Page. Max also has a new website – www.MaxGresham.com – so you can stay up to speed on the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Sunoco Rookie of the Year candidate.
- Joe Denette Motorsports Press Release
Article Tags: Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway, CMS, Dover (Del.) International Speedway, JDM, Joe Denette Motorsports, Justin Lofton, Lucas Oil 200, Max Gresham, N.C. Education Lottery 200, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NCWTS