SRT Motorsports NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Iowa Speedway Pre Race Notes & QuotesPress Release
American Ethanol 200
Saturday, July 14, 2012
RAM DRIVER QUOTES
“The biggest thing about Iowa is it’s very much the short track that thinks it’s a superspeedway. It has the speed of a superspeedway and the feel of a superspeedway. But at the same time, it also has some unique characteristics that separate itself from anywhere else. The bump in Turn 1 on the bottom side is one of the biggest things that you hear about when drivers talk about Iowa. It’s a large bump and it’s right over the tunnel. It’s getting larger every year and it’s something that we have to be cognizant of how we set up our RAM. I think it’s very exciting and it’s unique. I have a lot of fun driving and racing there.” — Parker Kligerman
PARKER KLIGERMAN, No. 29 Reese Towpower RAM
Crew Chief: Doug Randolph
Top Fives: 5
Top 10s: 13
Laps Led: 32
2012 Season Stats:
Top Fives: 1
Top 10s: 4
Laps Led: 1
• Fifth in the series championship standings, 34 points behind leader Timothy Peters. He is 25 points behind fourth-place James Buescher and eight ahead of sixth-place Matt Crafton.
• Best finish of the season came at Dover (Del.) International Speedway where he was second in a rain-shortened event. The Dover finish equaled his best career effort in the series (also placed second in the 2011 spring race at Texas Motor Speedway).
• Has one previous NCWTS start at Iowa – started eighth and finished 22nd in 2011 race at the .875-mile speedway.
• Scored an eighth-place finish in the Nationwide Series race at Iowa Speedway in May, his first top 10 of the season and fourth in 17 NNS races.
• Finished 11th in one previous NCWTS short track race this season – Martinsville (Va.) Speedway (race No. 2).
• FUN FACT OF THE WEEK: Kligerman has run 97.81 percent of the laps this season on the lead lap (1,295 of a possible 1,324).
RAM IN THE CAMPING WORLD TRUCK SERIES
• Bobby Hamilton (2004) and Ted Musgrave (2005) won the season championship driving a RAM.
• RAM has captured the manufacturer’s championship three times in the 17-year history of the series – 2001, 2003 and 2004.
• Tony Raines gave RAM its first win in the series in 1997, winning at I-70 Speedway in Odessa, Mo.
• RAM won 15 of the 24 NCWTS races during the 2001 season, 13 of 25 in 2003 and 11 of 25 in 2004.
• There have been 423 races in the NCWTS beginning at Phoenix International Raceway on Feb. 2, 1995. There were three RAM drivers – Joe Bessey, Bob Keselowski and Walker Evans – in the 33-truck starting field. Bessey scored a fourth-place finish while Mike Skinner took the win.
IOWA SPEEDWAY NUMBERS
• The best finish by a RAM driver in three previous NCWTS races at Iowa Speedway is 14th by Chris Eggleston in 2010. Eggleston is also the only RAM driver to lead a lap at the .875-mile speedway (once for one lap).
• The best qualifying effort by a RAM driver at Iowa is eighth-place by Kligerman in 2011.
• Three Races, Three Different Faces: three different drivers have won each of the three previous races at Iowa Speedway. Three different drivers have also started from the pole.
“There’s a bump right there at the tunnel in Turn 1 and it continues to get worse and worse. One of the key things is that you’ve got to have a truck that’s turning across that bump and the bump doesn’t push or kick it sideways loose.” — Doug Randolph, Crew Chief, No. 29 Reese Towpower RAM
Article Tags: American Ethanol 200, Bob Keselowski, Doug Randolph, Dover (Del.) International Speedway, Iowa Speedway, James Buescher, Matt Crafton, Mike Skinner, NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NCWTS, No. 29 Reese Towpower RAM, Parker Kligerman, RAM, SRT Motorsports, Ted Musgrave